Deck the halls.... A little more

Dried fruit can make lovely decorations, of course I don't mean string up prunes or sultanas, but dried orange slices. Very easy to do, hardly any effort for lots of reward. Just slice an orange into thin (2-3mm) rounds, place on a baking tray in single layer and then pop into your oven for a few hours on it's lowest setting. Turn them over every now and again to stop them sticking and to help with even drying. Whilst I had my oven on I popped in a tray with rosehips that a friend, Lucy, and I picked. These now look like little jewels and I hope to string them together.

The dried orange slices will look pretty tied together with ribbon or string, just piled in a bowl or with cotton loops tied on to make them into Chistmas tree decorations.

If you don't want to use an oven you could put the tray of oranges into the airing cupboard. Your linen would smell lovely but trying to dry them before they go mouldy or indeed for Christmas would be a little bit tricky!

If you make these please send photos so we can see how pretty they all look


No comments:

Post a Comment