Don't make mincemeat out of me

Dear Ruth

I'm not sure how to break this to you, but look, can we come to some arrangement on this mincemeat business?

I know they are all festive and that Father Christmas demands them, but to be honest I've never rated mince pies. They're one of those foods we're told to like because its the traditional thing to do. And it's about time we questioned ourselves. And how can you trust a pie that gives you a false name?

And, just so we're clear. Don't you need a qualification to make pastry? I'm sure they have chefs for that kind of thing. So is there a way round? Ready made and shaped pie casing?

As for the potato cakes, that sounds great. Just a suggestion though. I'm a bit short on spuds in the kitchen. I was thinking of defrosting some chips instead?

So, a bit of shopping and a few tweaks to your recipes aside, yes, I'm ready. Bring it on...

Yours in anticipation

Tom

No comments:

Post a Comment