My spuds have taken a roasting

Dear Ruth

Oh yes, this is Sunday night live cooking and...


Bam!

Now come on, what an impressive set eh? The stuff of crispy dreams; potatoes from heaven. I think you have to say I'm back on track...

...except, I haven't tasted them yet. See, I'm also roasting myself a Sunday night chicken, to give me ready made food after rowing tonight and Wednesday (um, yeah, I may not be able to practice cooking those nights).

But the chicken still has half an hour to go.

And I couldn't braise the cabbage at the same time, so I've popped them on the hob instead, simmering away. But they need another hour.

I keep hearing the phrase, it's all about timing...

On the plus side, time to make some Yorkshires, and gravy. Talking of which, do you have any Bisto alternatives up your culinary sleeves?

Yours boldly

Tom


No comments:

Post a Comment