Potato Cakes

Dear Tom

I thought that I'd write a separate reply for this second recipe so that you can find it easier, aren't I kind... Don't answer that!

Each time I do a large roast dinner, and let's face it that is all a Christmas dinner is really, I cook potato and celeriac mash. I always do too much, on purpose, so that I can make potato cakes the next day.

I have to be honest and say that I am not sure about the quanties for this one as I normally cook for 7, and on top of that it's normally leftovers. However... Give this a go and adjust if needed next time

2 medium potatoes peeled and chopped into quarters
No more than half the amount of celeriac to the amount of potatoes peeled and chopped into match box sized pieces
Hand full of sprouts or dark cabbage

Method

•In one pan boil the boil the potatoes and celeriac
•In second pan boil sprouts or cabbage in salted water
•When potatoes are soft, drain, mash with butter
•Drain sprouts/cabbage
•Mix all of the ingredients together, add salt and pepper to taste
•Heat a small amount of oil over a medium heat in a non stick frying pan
•Mould mash into crumpet sized patties and fry until browned on both sides

Alternatives, for added calories add cream to mash mix also these would form the basis of a fish cake, so you could add cooked flakes fish

Serve with a poached egg and chutney

Hope this works

Yours,

Ruth

No comments:

Post a Comment