Casse-role model

Dear Ruth


Look, look look, I cooked! Back in the game!


Now, this is proper boy cooking. Get your hands on some meat, give it some attention and then chuck in the rest, whack in the oven and leave until done. Well, not quite...


You see, I bought half a kilo of lovely casserole beef on Saturday, and at about 8 I thought it about time to get cooking. Then I checked your recipe thinking 'an hour at most'. Four hours?! Just what sort of lazy layabout do you think I am if I have four hours to watch the oven? The fact that I spent four hours until 8pm lazing on the sofa watching The Hangover double bill On Demand should not be a blemish on my character (by the way, the irony of watching The Hangover with mini man flu - all of the symptoms, none of the previous night's pleasure - was not lost on me)


So I had to leave it until today. Except today I got carried away with lots of bits and pieces preparing for an upcoming holiday, the sun coming out and demanding I go for a walk etc and didn't get cooking until 7pm. Meaning I had to make an alternative supper as well. But just to prove I can multi task, whilst the casserole was in the oven I made a risotto:



But back to the stew. I did follow the recipe, but having watched too much Masterchef, I thought I'd better taste it. I didn't really season it. So in went the salt as you advised, and then I thickened it as you instructed too. And at the end of that? A tasty and tempting stew - my first ever. I just have to wait until tomorrow night to eat it!


I hope you're suitably impressed?


Yours proudly


Tom

No comments:

Post a Comment