Guilt, shame and all manner of apologies

Dear Ruth, 


Yes I still exist. I can only admire your tenacity to keep putting up recipes that it seems I never get round to trying. Perhaps I need to invite people over to dinner regularly so that I'm forced to practice and pull out the stops?


These last few weeks have been rotten, food wise. I have been a slave to the processed food industry, with pizzas, frozen fish and chips, or just soups forming my staple. For lunch, the canteen sandwiches. I can't even make my own damn sandwiches anymore. Even my trusty bowl of porridge has gone wanting in favour of a banana and pastry with my regular coffee.


In some ways I regret you being so far away that you can only keep trying. In other ways, it spares me the kick up the a*** that I have no doubt you'd powerfully deliver. In my defence, I have been poorly, and my appetite has seemingly vanished. I wrote about my appetite returning after I potted peas the other day and thought back to their instant health kick, but alas it was a false dawn. 


I feel like I'm playing catch up. Never the food in the flat, never the time to cook it. I need to wrest back control and start eating properly again. Have faith in me and keep up the recipes as the way you approach food does inspire me, and I'm sure others. If you're not convinced, watch this. You may or may not like Jamie Oliver, but this speech below did get me thinking seriously about my own diet and then I also thought about you and your 5 boys who have probably had the best upbringing in Dorset




Yours sheepishly

Tom

No comments:

Post a Comment