Are you crackers?

Oh boy!!!

I am torn between laughing and saying what were you thinking?

How, with all that family, did the person least likely to cook volunteer to cater for the whole festive period? Actually, that doesn't matter, however we do have to get you out of this potential mess...

The way I see it, you can

a) Fake illness
b) Go on holiday
c) Tell them it is a pot luck supper and so they all bring something
d) Forget tradition and all go out to a Chinese restaurant

Or, and I can't quite believe I am going to say it,

e) I teach you to cook in 24 days!!

Who is more bonkers, you for setting the challenge or me for agreeing to it?

Ok, so, first things first, how much of a Christmas dinner have you cooked before? And no, Aunt Bessies doesn't count!

Yours nervously

Ruth

5 comments:

  1. Looking forward to seeing this progress over the weeks, will be more entertaining that watching repeats of Nigella and Delia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! Welcome to blogging, lovely Ruth :) Very much looking forward to reading how it goes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Ruth.....i wish you lots of luck. At least he knows which end to stuff the lemon though...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Brilliant idea Ruth, I will be following it with interest as I am catering for nine at Christmas and my brother in law is threatening to write a computer programme to help with all the timings etc.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you Laura, hope you are kept entertained.
    Belle, Thank you, enjoy, please keep adding comments.
    Mandy, hopefully the lemon stuffing shows a glimmer of hope, but time will tell whether he is teachable and whether I can help!
    Penny, good luck! ... I am sure you'll be fine, get him to print out your timings list, then make it into a paper aeroplane and do it all your way.... What can possibly go wrong?
    Thank you for your comments, please keep them coming, it means a lot x

    ReplyDelete