A bad workman (or chef) shouldn't blame his tools!

Dear Tom

I am really pleased to see that you successfully made the potato cakes, so could this possibly be a candidate for your festivities at some point?

I have to say tho that you might have found them easier to make if you had read the part about celeriac properly... No way would I bother matchsticking celeriac, which is why I said match BOX size :) still, gave you some preparation practice I suppose!

I was a little surprised, however, that you managed to avoid pie making! Tom, we have a fair bit to get through and time is ticking away.... On top of which I was slightly amazed that as a want to be cook you don't even have a sharp knife. The lack of baking tins I can understand, but every kitchen needs proper knives (and plasters just in case!) You don't have to get all chefy about it and larger isn't better either, I have two brilliant knives both made by Kuhn Rikon, Swiss knives.

What do you have in the way of bakeware? I can do improvisation, but only to a point!

And your store cupboard, is there anything in it or is it full of wine, beer and whatever type of food a respectable batchelor pad would stock?

I have two more recipes waiting in the wings, Yorkshire puddings and pigs in blankets, so on with the pies....

So, thus far, for the potato cakes - shows potential, for the pies- must try harder!

Yours

Ruth

No comments:

Post a Comment