Excuses, excuses

Dear Tom

"Cat swallowed my homework" "My work was lost by my brother" "I would have called but I ran out of credit/had no signal..." What do all of these things have in common? They're excuses, simple get out clauses.

Children get colds, men get flu and woman get on with it!

Anyone who can stay out until midnight, do a full week at work and have the stomach for alcohol can't be as poorly as you are making out!

Time to take yourself into your kitchen and get on with it, no more excuses....

As for turkey or not, why don't you do a gammon on Christmas day, glazed, clove studded, tasty and cook a big enough one to have leftovers on boxing day. Then on boxing day, when you have the most family to feed, have a turkey and the gammon too if people want extra?

Yours, worriedly,

Ruth

No comments:

Post a Comment