Man flu. Evil

Dear Ruth,

Its been hell. Those promised Yorkshires never materialised as the virus took hold, chained me to my sofa. Sunday's race was the last I saw of active duty.  Since then its been drugs all the way to keep the worst at bay.

Fever fought by Lemsip. Sore throat taken to task by all manner of fresh fruit and antiseptics. Without the stomach for coffee to combat sleepless nights, its been water water water. But. I didn't miss a day's work and I even lasted till midnight at the office xmas party. The guinness saw me through. It deserves a place at the Christmas table.

Talking of which, you're right, at this rate it will be the only thing on the table. When man flu strikes we all drop some baubles. For me it has been the cooking. I accept I'll have to redouble my efforts and in the next few days I hope to show you that I'm back on the goose.

And in that lies the big question.

What meat to go for on the day? Turkey is just so so tasteless...

Yours in a cry for culinary help

Tom

No comments:

Post a Comment