Given up the goose...

Dear Ruth, 


It was a step too far, a bird too grand, and certainly the thought of a threesome nothing but a fantasy. Turducken indeed. So, no duck, no goose, no game. It'll be beef on Christmas and turkey for the boxing day main event.


In my mind, i still have practice time. In reality it all kicks right off tomorrow. It is, perhaps, just as well that even if I can't find the time to practice, that I have managed to get in a healthy collection of fresh veg from the grocer, a sample of which below:




And that tomorrow I can visit the butcher collect my pre-ordered stash of perfectly plucked west country gobbler, a properly hung Topside and of course enough chipolatas to embarrass a warmly wrapped pig. No last minute scrabbling around the empty shelves of Tesco for me.


But, your recipes below have just created a new shopping list. I'm well up for the cranberry and orange sauce. I need more onions, hope to goodness there's some sage knocking about and I must not forget the eggs for the Yorkshires! I will be up with the crows to round this all off.


I can't tell you just how manic this week has been. Late nights at work as I've managed to see a major project to the close in the Saint Nick of time. Tonight I had take away curry. Worse still, it was left over from last night's takeaway curry! But, I'm no Nigella. Just keeping it simple will do.


So now to bed. I'm excited about tomorrow, simply because all I'll be doing is cooking all the advance dishes that I can.


The next pictures you'll see will be the real thing. 


Wish me luck...


Yours with one sleep left till the off


Tom


PS - we forgot the veggie...

No comments:

Post a Comment