Not so amused, bouche.

Dear Ruth


I couldn't get through Christmas Day and not let you have an inkling of how today went in the kitchen. Yet I'm shattered, truly wiped out. I'm just not sure how much I can tell you about before my head hits the keyboard in exhaustion.


As you know, I had my parents and my brother over for Christmas lunch. Lunch. Since when did 'lunch' start at 8am the day before and finish at 8pm?


And as you and readers will be patting turkey tummies with satisfaction, watching the lego be dismantled as quickly as it was created and praise the foodie god that the fridge is stacked for the next two days to avoid any further effort, I've just provided my family with a little appetiser. 


Tomorrow, the self-styled Michelin inspectors otherwise known as my sister and (second) brother are driving into town. My sister says she has "high expectations". This is not, as some might think, a compliment. It's a threat.


Today, I had time, a quieter household and no pressure to be done so that presents could be opened. In fact, the Christmas tree is still stacked with gifts (mostly for my nephew, lucky boy). Tomorrow, the heat will be there from the off. More food, veggie and toddler to cater for, and of course those expectations to meet.


But, to give you comfort that I have found inspiration from your tutoring in the middle of this festive culinary challenge, here are a couple of snaps from today. The yorkshires and the beef:






Yours apprehensively


Tom


PS:

No comments:

Post a Comment