This little piggy...

...is committed.

Dear Ruth

I am on a roll, cheffing my way to christmas day. I have just come back from competing in a rowing race and I have made and eaten some these babies whilst still in my lycra. Ok that may put you off your own dinner, but bear with me.

Following your heads up the other day I managed to sneak a trip to the butcher in between a final training session yesterday and my 2nd xmas drinks of the weekend and picked up some proper chipolatas and smoked streaky bacon.


Pigs in blankets have always been a highlight of our family christmas dinner. Where the idea came from I can't say, but seeing a chipolata 'naked' they really do look inappropriate and I can't think of a finer modesty wrap than succulant smoked bacon.

So, barely through the door and with a bit of haste I got dressing. My rumbling tummy may have had a part to play.

I mixed it up a bit, some sausages left revealing more than others. And then, I threw them in the oven for half an hour.  The scent from the oven was enticing and when the time was up I could hardly wait to get stuck in:


The flavours were strong. Pig against pig, both proving a match for each other. Sweet and smokey, meaty and delicate all at once. I can't believe we only eat these at christmas, surely we need no excuse to keep our snout in this particular trough?

Yours greedily

Tom

2 comments:

  1. They look yummy Tom. But where are the puddings?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Mandy, thanks. Um, puddings, well, its been this thing called man flu...

    ReplyDelete