Epic Fail

Help.

I simply can't get this cooking lark.

Whether it's laziness, tiredness or simply just exhaustion from a hard day at the office, in the last few weeks, in fact since Christmas I've hardly cooked a bean properly. Occassionally I'll cook a roast and hope to make the most of the left overs. But no soup, no normal cooking. And a lot of fish and chips.

I daren't show you the state of my kitchen either!

So this is a plea, dear Ruth. To take me back to basics.

Friday I'm off work. I have a chance to do what anyone in their right mind does on a day off. Go to Asda.

It's my storecupboard that needs some attention. I'd like to get the meat from the butcher, fruit and veg from the grocer but here's a chance to give myself every opportunity to look after myself when I'm least willing to - 7pm on a Tuesday night usually.

Are you able to give me a list of the essentials that will make suppers super simple? Things you couldn't live without?

Yours embarrassingly

Tom

No comments:

Post a Comment