Right, that's it, I quit!

Dear Tom

The school has gone from fast, to slow, to stopped!!! Where do we go from here? I am going to put up a few of the recipes I have come up with lately in a vain hope that I might actually be able to inspire you to get back into the kitchen, and if you are still alive out there somewhere let me know what you think...

The first has to be based on an easy recipe from a previous post, but adjusted because of some seasonal foraging. Here Tom is where we might differ, as you know, I love to pick form the hedgerows to cook, but you always seem to have that doubtful expression that many have.  If my children like it, it can't be that bad can it? Really? Picking things from the wild is less about saving the planet and hugging trees and more about free food, how can you ignore free food!!

So, wild garlic... Many uses, here's a picture of some I had earlier this week...






This is a new foragers dream really, tasty, seasonal and so useful

I used some of this bunch in a wild garlic and butternut squash risotto, and then some in Wild Garlic and Parmesan scones, lovely, just lovely.

Do you remember a bacon and cheese scone recipe form March? Well if you just look back ans swop the bacon for 4 finely chopped leaves of wild garlic and replace the Cheddar for Parmesan then just follow the recipe and method, you should end up with something like this...






If anyone reading this can't find wild garlic, you add a couple of tablesppons of finely choped chives instead

These were so tasty that I hope to go looking for more wild garlic thiis weekend just so that I can make some more.

I hope you are ok, and managing to feed yourself properly!!

Yours with only a slight hope

Ruth


2 comments:

  1. We have chives in our garden might try chive & Parmesan scones Ruth, great idea x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your comment Lisa, we tend to use about two dessert spoons of chopped chives per batch. Chives are great aren't they, I had someone ask me last week 2Why would I want to grow chives?" My answer was simply why wouldn't you! Fab when you want a tasty oninish hit without the full force of raw onions :)

    ReplyDelete